Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Send Your Employees on Vacation!: Taking Care of Your Team

As a smaller company we sometimes struggle with effective ways to take care of our team. We can't all afford to have profit-sharing plans, 401-K's and health benefits.

As I mulled over a solution (I can only give out so many hugs before my team starts looking at me funny) I encountered a company that seemed to have the exact thing I was looking for; a creative way to take care of my people that was not going to break the bank.

Travel Benefits: I met Todd at a local networking event and his description of services caught me at once. He quickly described how his company provided Travel Benefits to companies and their employees. Well, I was naturally excited but still skeptical. We set up a time to get the full details. I realized that for a nominal cost (costs vary by company size) I could take care of my team in a VERY unique way. I could give them access to wonderful trips all around the world at a highly discounted rate. What!? Needless to say, I signed up Oxford Property Management and its employees on the spot.

I'm now planning on further rewarding my team by offering to pay for one trip per year for each of them. How many companies that you've worked for have mandated you take time off AND paid for you to take a trip? My tally is ZERO. Some of these trips are even all-inclusive!

As we find out more information about this great new benefit we'll keep you updated on its effects on our team's morale and productivity. Heck, who doesn't want to go on vacation?

If you'd like more information on the Travel Benefits company we've signed up with please email me at ccooper@theoxford-company.com.

Submitted by Carlos Cooper, President-Oxford Property Management
www.oxford-tn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment